Friday, August 3, 2012

Avatar.

I tried to do it with my eyes
But it just would not do
I tried to do it with my fingers
I tried to say 'I do'
I tried and tried with eyes of mine
I tried to crack the world in two
And found inside my own damn ears
The answer I'd fought to
I could hear one thousand things
More than you ever could do
And away into another way
Away it flew and flew
And you
Fly farther than the farthest of two
I'm not allowed to say
That one rhyme I want to
My Jew
My Jew
It's you
My Jew
I'm happy to grant that metaphor to you

And I, the lonely prophet Jew
Sitting on the top held by a red screw
Proselytising to you and you
How to go about it anew
Through and through
Come shattering through
The lonely wandering
Scorned and wisened
Burnt to bitter blackness through
The tiny wandering Jew

Tripping and slipping
And falling in through
Flipping and skipping
And calling to you
All I have is words
For you

What proud diction
What predilection
What manifestation is going to lead me through
The calmest
Reddest
Bloodiest waters
Pushing right on through to you

No comments:

Post a Comment