Friday, August 10, 2012

Aurality.

I grew my first ear in my
Childhood
It carved itself of flesh
And shot out a path that
Went straight to my brain
It still goes there sometimes but
The signals get confused
The signals get diffused
When I was young all that I knew
Was simple melody
The music was little more than a pleasing piece
Of produced sound
A song that rises from the ground
My aural faculties
My brain
And my intellectualities
Grew from those sweet
Sweet harmonies
From the soil of sweet harmony

My second ear came into being
When I was adolescent
I had begun to grow a heart
It fluttered in my chest
And it demanded sustenance
My second ear grew out of my own necessity
And it carved a lonesome highway
Down into my new-born heart
I gave to it those harmonies
I starved my brain of melody
The sound had to be shared
Between objective thought
And new found feelings
Feedback grew and grew
And grew and when the sound
Came back I knew
That my heart had changed it just a bit
I found there something new
From the foundations of my brain
And heart working as one
The music changed and changed

The third is still not quite complete
It pushes its way out of pre-natal space
In the middle of my head
Somewhere below my brain
And yet it manifests
And skips a block of space
It folds back into reality
And it is all around me
It doesn't hear as such
It feels the sound another way
The music becomes tangible
My synaesthetic plight
It unpacks a note
A whole harmony
And the vibration then unfolds
Into something hard and skeletal
A block of space that permeates
Every space I see
But I don't hear or see it
I feel the space unfold around me
Expand into a prism
That somehow encompasses
Everything
I think my third ear might not be in my head at all
But another place completely
My third ear is another sense
To occupy another plane

1 comment:

  1. "My second ear grew out of my own necessity"

    <3 feeeeelings

    ReplyDelete