Thursday, April 5, 2012

Strychnine Blues.

Those first two lines have been petering around inside my head for about a week and I finally found a use for them. Immensely satisfying.

That post last night was utter tripe, wasn't it?

-

I fill myself with poison
Every morning
Every day
Filled to the top
Of a little green glass
It fills my arteries and veins
It gets into my head
My brain begins to bleed
I realise I'll be dead
And I live every single day like
Like it's-
No
Because it is my last

A shot of
Strychnine
Keeps me going
Until sundown
But sometimes I can't stop
The midnight bell tolls
I'm still shoveling it in
I poison myself all the way
Straight to the top

The strychnine blues
Have me by the gut
And the throat
Until I have no more poison left to give
Down here seated
Next to death
On the verge of oblivion
Is the only way that I know how to live

No comments:

Post a Comment