Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hu(m)bble.

The world is tiny and mountains
Fold into my palm, seas
Flow out of my eyes, and clouds
Escape my nostrils
With a puff of black I carve up
A thunderstorm
The world is kept within my eye
O'er steppe and stepping stone we
Launch ourselves and fly
The universe is tricky
I find it rather small as well, you
Cannot shake its size
You see the stars and nebulae
Collide
Magellan's clouds are just
My fingertip, spinning
Andromeda on my little finger
The eagle, horse
Crab and cat's eye
Embedded underneath my skin
And I
Bear emphasis much greater than
A spiral arm of twinkling stars
My eyes black holes, and fingers
Interstellar lightning bolts
Or is it me you fear?
Will I pierce my skin and release
The cosmos on your
Trembling hands?
Double back
Reveal the stars
Terrible and beautiful
Lost beyond the event horizon
Of my darkening black pupils
Never to return
If I were the universe
Or the world
Or an ocean
There'd be no escape

No comments:

Post a Comment