Friday, April 6, 2012

Hellfire.

Black heart
Please
Hellfire in my heart
But I'm not weak of mind
And body
You know well

No holiest of holies
Bears aloft my chains
I take chest and stench and sweat
In place of brimstone's fiery smell

I'm not weak
As much as drink would fool you
Though I be meek
Of certain matters of good faith
Though I don't seek
A burden of my soul upon you
Perhaps I'm weak
And my strength be just a wraith

Is the Devil that much stronger than a man?
Or is a man the Devil, and the weaker part his plan?

For we find solace in this chaos
In primordial wonder
Swirling into the infinite sea
And being there
Just being free
And being dead
What would that leave me?
A coffin full of my own limbs
And regret
For all eternity

Like fire
Hellfire
Promises are stashed
And my bones are being gnashed
Away to dust and ash
By more than simple human
Earthly needs
The bridge toll is quite large
And the largest charge
Of all
I've found only fully will be paid
By me

No comments:

Post a Comment