Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Way They Should.

It's a fox in with the hens
Ink pouring out from a pen
The senate, boy I've seen it
Cut it, I bleed
Dripping through the diamond lens
Things don't go the way they're supposed to here
Don't you know

A dotted line, that ain't China White, boy
The houseplants having heartattacks
A gambler, rambler, Phillipino man
With all the right attachments
God-fearin', God-hearin'
Spic-span man
With all the wrong indictments

I'm talking
Foreign polymaths
With the All-Americans
And I know nothing goes the way it should
Don't you know

And, boy, I don't go the way I should
And this scotch don't go down smooth
Like it should

Oxymoron suffocation
Oxygen conversations
Anti-climatic invocations
And glamorous provocations
You better believe
They don't go the way they should

Don't you know
I"m suffocating too
In the oxygen
In the air
I'm feeling so damn tiny
Out in the open air

But I'm bigger on the inside
I'm bigger than the fucking world
And it hurts like hell
Don't you know

No comments:

Post a Comment