Friday, March 9, 2012

Allfather.

This was a song but I forget how it went so I turned it into verse. Shit, I wish I could remember it.

Waking from a sleep
My legs are stiff like
The tree they're bound to
Arms twisting up branches
I hang from a tree
I do it all for you
The father
That is me

My blood beats
On the hardened frost and snow
Twisting down the roots
I wonder where those roots will go
Nine roots bound in snow

Nine blackbird wings
From the nine black worlds
To Hel and the great hall
To the runes and Ragnarok we fall
Down the well my eye fell
Vani(r)shed down the well
Mimir murmurs
Eats my eye
And with my lasting one I spy

My blood beating down
To the wolves of the plains
Soaking down
The roots

With my remaining eye
I spy
The eighteen runes
Written
In my eye
I throw them up into the sky
And the World Ash releases me
And I
Am wise in the nine black worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment