Saturday, April 2, 2011

This pot holds a lot more tea than my stomach can.

There are these really nice chords I have, I haven't begun to resent them yet and they may just turn into an actual completed piece. Let's hope so. I have no words yet, but they'll be nice. I hope. They better be.
How are you, Ollie? Oh, good, can't find my flappy hat though, shaved, got some research done, haven't eaten much today, but that's okay since I'm about to ingest an entire pot of jasmine tea. My goal for the evening is to evolve my Larvesta into one bitchin' bug/fire moth, Volcarona. There, a quick record of the day. And since this is the first time I've actually made an effort to go through the whole shaving malarkey I'm thinking about first times. No! Not that one, you filthy person! Just first events. Here we go.

First shave:
Just then, wasn't so bad. Yeah, I've never had to shave before, like the hairless Chinaman that I am.

First time I ran for my life:
Last year in the valley from some thugs. Twice. Two different groups of people attacked me unprovoked that night with malicious intent. I believe Laura Bennett's sister came to my aid on the first, on the second I just ran like hell with Sav. Frightening stuff. First person knocked my glasses clean off my face, had to go looking in the morning.

First time I left the country:
Heading to France for exchange at the end of 2009. I spent the trip with some lovely(ish) Korowa girls, seeing as I was officially going with their exchange program. When we arrived at Charles de Gaulle they headed off to a transfer for Lyon and I went and met my host family in the terminal. All flustered, I managed to say to one of the people working in the airport "Sorry, I'm completely lost" in my then awful French accent. They were lovely people though, if not a little boring.

First time I nearly failed a subject:
Neither history nor geography are strengths of mine, this we have determined.

First time I attended a Minus18 event:
At the time it wasn't really but Minus18 is now a really big part of my life, so a little critical reflection would be healthy. I didn't enjoy the event itself that much frankly, the atmosphere was amazing though, the sheer volume of people was heartening. Plus I met Bec. That was lovely.

/endobligatoryreflectiveblogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment