Friday, April 29, 2011

Crobat.

Considered getting my ears done, again, for the umpteenth time this year. I wouldn't though. I abhor piercings just a little. Something about them is a little too... macabre, too pointless, too ridiculous even. I don't like the idea of permanently puncturing my personal protective layer of skin, I've studied enough biology to be alarmed by that. Not enough to know that I don't have to worry though. It's the first line of defence against... things, discounting heightened skin acidity and the symbiotic organisms that simply love the skin your in, even more than you do. I seem to have trouble with those anyway. Viruses, malignant bacteria, fungi, protozoan parasites, even prions I guess, all target obvious entry points. The very idea of poking a hole in myself for the sheer fun of it is just a little ridiculous. No problem with other peoples' piercings mind, just on me. /shudder. All this talk of individuality and self-expression through modification is complete tripe. Justify your existence through your actions, not how you present yourself. Then again, I am entirely liable to change my mind completely in the next few years.
/endpretentiousscienceyrant
Now, tattoos, where do I even begin with au sujet de tattoos? (THE PRETENTIOUS, IT BURNS!) Oh, well, I... have no objections to tattoos. I like them. They're even a little bit arousing. Perhaps not those interruptive tear drops people seem to love, or rainbow stars so often adorning the young twinks, or (God forbid) a Southern Cross across the neck, but something a touch less vociferous in proclamation and a little more vociferous in meaning. VOCIFEROUS. I would consider getting something Pokemon related. Only because Pokemon has played such a large role in my development, and because I can very easily attach meaning to Pokemon and become attached to them. Like Crobat. Let me regale you with my reasons as to why I would consider tattooing a Crobat on myself. Possibly even somewhere conspicuous like across my chest, thus transforming me into a complete and unabashed Pokenerd. Well, Crobat. Crobat, Crobat, Crobat. Crobat (five consecutive Crobats) just happens to be my favourite Pokemon. I don't know why, please don't ask me to explain exactly why. It's just amazing. It evolves, and as it does so it's legs dramatically reduce in size and usefulness, but lo and behold! Another set of wings sprouts forth! It sacrifices ground mobility for sheer speed. You see, Crobat excels at just one particular thing, at the expense of others. This has come to take on very personal meaning for me, as I sail into the adult world and will certainly in the future have to make a living. I want to be good at what I do, and I realise that I may have to sacrifice other talents to let this one that's going to carry me through life flourish into a full blown money making powerhouse, to put it bluntly. Not to say that I have my entire life and career sorted, I haven't a clue what I might end up doing. But I might have to give up something that I love for the sake of practicality, and that really scares me. Parts of me might shrivel and die for the sake of a continuing life. It might be my music, or my love of prose, or my wonderful volunteer work! What kind of life would that be? An incomplete one, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment