Sunday, November 11, 2012

Midnight butterfly.

It was necessary
To write this in the evening
At the end of a day
At the end of a
Day's worth of work
Before I am able to 
Sleep off the hurt
Before my chrysalis bed
Makes me another late night butterfly
With completely new patterns
Beautiful, yes, no doubt
But
I often regret not writing it down
And I know
I just know
I just fucking know
That the words might come to me in bed
Or in dreams
Or some other ageless and disconnected location
So I will right(write) this at night
Before the day ends
Because this is about the day
Or the sun rather
And the passion it brings
The symphony it sings
Such things must only happen in day
(Must or should?)

In every book I've read
And every song I sing
Hear
Make with my mouth
Every lily-white perfect parchment I find
I've even seen it written in the sky
The clouds that shape my dreams
Can mock me too
And rain into a pond and my chaos eyes
Can only see the same thing there
A ripple a shake a pattern embedded
In life
Though it's no objective truth
It is written in the minds of every hopeless
Dreamer and romantic I meet
And they beam it to me with their eyes
Their perfect burning starstruck eyes
How do they know?
They've seen it too and actually listened
A common red thread wired into
Every single thing I see
Art is only extant for this single truth
Or so it seems to me
Because my focus only goes so far

You love someone-
You know the love of which I speak
Yes? You know it too
The total love resplendent and complete
That artists try to crystallise
(And fail, as I am now)
They couldn't and they never could
Never will find the formula
To keep this love in a jar
In a box
Under locks and keys
The love is wild
Yes, that love

You hear it said
(In books in songs)
That this love begets a need
A full need
Like the knockout from a deep red wine
Full and total and palate staining
I feel this need
I feel this needing to complete
Something
I'm not sure at all
A love can only come full circle
With utter knowing
Or so says the red thread
In everything
And like the totality of the thing
I need to know more
I hunger for more
I die every time I realise
That strangers might know more of you
Think me not so petulant as
To be unable to share
(My feelings on the matter are no secret
I love to let love happen)
But the heartbreak is that I don't share
I simply can't
When it isn't even mine to share

I wrote this at night
And through it I greeted the new day

No comments:

Post a Comment