Friday, March 29, 2013

Ishtar.

You make me feel like a kid
Again
In nice
And not nice ways

I am luxuriously giddy
At the prospect of potential
(I touch you and my brain
Turns into molten plastic)
Of all the synapses we might extend
Toward one another

Here, for every stumble forward
There is recoil in my muscles
(This is a fear I have not felt
Since I was very young)
There are avenues within me that
Beg new exploration
Stoppers I now have to throw away
It's impossible to tell what I looked like
Before those things

I will not be a glacier
I will tear open my skull
And produce an offering of my barest self
I'll find the anxiousness inside me
And harness its pure energy
To erode away the cold sheer face of the glacier
The enemy

And on Easter, how appropriate
That I might realise a rebirth
Peck peck pecking at the eggshell
To smile into the dawn

You are warmth upon my fresh face
You voice is the cadence
Of the very first breath

No comments:

Post a Comment