Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Evolution.

By the end of today
I'll attach a gravity to several things
Banal, flighty, uncontained
And let them sink me down
Where the fish bones keep
Where the sea is deep
Rich with a thousand million tiny monsters
Too prismatic for chance

By the stroke of the hour
I will make new bones
And drink all the saltwater I can find
Effluent will pour from my mouth and the plants
Will make me green
I am full up
My muscles and the built up waste
Let nothing pass my cavity
Except oxygen, ions, bare essentials
Whirling around the knots of my musculature
Screeching into electrical balance

By the end of the year
Two things may occur:
I will be porous and brittle
Supported by the network of spongy skeleton
And pierced all sides by water
Or perhaps, more likely
I will exoskeletally reinforce my skin
And spit wax on the ground and burrow

The final split is never far
It is ever ongoing

No comments:

Post a Comment