Thursday, February 16, 2012

Should Not Should Not Should Not At All.

I read some Sylvia Plath aloud to myself and look what happens.

I should not be!
I should not be!
Thinking with such alacrity
Thinking so chaotically
Violently
In anarchy
I was simply amazed at it all

Soon the craven flesh will find
An escape route to take, and it will run
But I don't mind, I don't even see
There was little else to do, and you

Should not
Should not
Should not go, to misty
Mystery
You should not go
We are but men
No, we are but sticks
Ants
Predestined pricks of fated
Doom, the stars will show us all
Too soon

And I'm afraid we'll have to disallow that
We'll have to disallow
That you won't relent
That you won't find home
Among the clouds
Is the ground so great?
Well...
Is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment