Monday, February 20, 2012

A Genesis of Fools.

I am sad for those I wrong
Though I have done no wrong
To anyone, and everyone
Does not quite understand this
They've blown a hole in the sky
And given it my name
No
They stole my name and threw it into the sky
And then everybody laughed at it
At me
And why?!
"Look at the angel!
In his stupidity he shirked the love of God!"
Yahweh, God, the Tetragrammaton
He turned to me to give a gentle nod
At least he understood

Wind rushed past me at the time of my falling
It stung but there was no regret
I will admit reluctantly, that I felt good
Free, if you can call it that
Though I was falling, falling as I should

According to plan, according to script
I was bereft of free will, that's the way it goes
So I threw off my wings for horns
Because it seemed right
Reluctantly, I will admit
That my plan was doomed to a well of regret
My plan to create a hell, I regret
Even bothering
God knows, I'll bet

His infinite light reaches even down here
There was a hell waiting for me
Foolish to have my own designs, I fear
I cannot help but feel it as scorn
As mocking
Though that is absurd to think of Him
Determined to start a hell of my own
What a childish idea
I do not grudge him
Perhaps it is the fear

I am not vengeful
I am not wrathful
(For that is God's domain)
I do not seek a missive made up of your sin
And your lust
I am not what I am
But I am so very sad

It makes me even sadder, I know
You'll never believe me
For all the things they've said

No comments:

Post a Comment