Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Building steam, cap'n!

First lecture at Melbourne Uni today, pretty quickly managed to lose any chance of respect by identifying myself as an extension student, felt sick the whole time. But it was so much fun.
Despite the obvious fact that it was really just an introductory lecture full of 'you will be expected to's and 'in the event that's, the possibility it represents is maddeningly exciting. I'm behind already, having not received a booklist, and the student portal is down, cool, but OH MY GOD SUNSHINE HAPPINESS THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT.
I don't believe anything will be a problem, I already understand most of the jargon we have to force into our brains from language 1+2. Aren't I just amazing? Go on, it's okay, say that I'm amazing.

On a completely unrelated note:

-

We set sail tonight for distant shores,
Pick your scabs,
Rub your sores,
Pick a partner for the trip,
Don't dare give the captain any lip,
Heave away to distant ports,
The crew is mutinous,
Made of all sorts of gypsies, thieves, liars, cheats,
Bleed the captain in his dreams, asleep no more,
To Davy Jones he'll drift onward to distant shores.

1 comment:

  1. Do you listen to Abney Park? O.o
    Wow, I'm looking like a stalker. :3

    ReplyDelete