Saturday, January 22, 2011

Epiphanous really should be a word.

An adjective, more specifically.

So that's why I didn't post in my blog for 15 months: I always look back on what I write and think "who's this moron? Oh it's me, great." When really I should be thinking "those are interesting thoughts that I'm really glad I recorded." That'd be great if I could be happy with anything I write, or at least some of the tripe that bursts out of my fingers. I don't think that what I write is absolute drivel, but it could always do with a little editing and refining. So why am I so reluctant to refine any of it? Well I'll tell you introspective voice: I can't be expected to progress if I can't see myself in retrospect. It's important to be able to remember your roots.
Unless you're Jennifer Lopez. Seriously, you're not still 'Jenny from the block', you're a fracking pop-movie-whatever-star.
One day I'll look back and think and reflect on how I've changed. I think it will be nice to think that, and in thinking this my other thinkings are/will have been justified. What a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment