Saturday, May 26, 2012

News of the World.

Awash with the father's glow
I await news of the world
Spinning a coin off the axis of my finger
Slowly downing mugs of ash
Making circles in the air with
My petulant feet
That won't sit still

I check again
For news of the world
The umpteenth time this day
I wonder what the news will say

A melting pot of media
A flurry of fancy and fruitless words
And now and then the truth shines through
It's quite lovely to behold
Have there been storms?
Is there a flood?
Has the beating rain now turned to blood?
I await the news of the world
So that my own can carry on spinning

So
I check again
Hoping for news of the world
For the millionth time this day
Sometimes I know exactly what the news is going to say

The news comes to a halt
And the rotation stutters too
And I stagnate until the news of the world
Decides to continue anew

I read the news
The news of the world
Several hundred times a day
I just have to know
I need to know
What the news has to say

And you are the whole fucking world.
Got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment