Sunday, January 8, 2012

Coup de Grâce

This would be longer if I wasn't lazy.

-

Hello, who are you?
I'm quite a few people
I suppose

Well I'm just one
And that person knows
You can't be too many
People at once
I can try
But fine, I'll play the dunce
Enlighten me
And we shall see

I'l compose an idea for you
Here we go, listen well
All these people
Within, without
And what have you
Without a doubt
You know them, yes?
You know them well?
I would say so
That does makes sense

Oh, not like that
Uncertainly bodes
Quite ill for this
Well then I'm sure
I know them well
I know them, yes
I know them well

All of them equally?
In equal right?
I'm not sure where
This thread will lead
Okay, I'll bite
I know them well
In equal right

Good, good
Patience, please
We'll get to the end
And you'll be appeased
I'm sure
If all is one
And one can be all
(All parts being
Of equal measure
To pluck and use
At your own leisure)
Then how can you be sure?
How can you know?
That the mind you take
The mind you're in
The particular skin
And the particular sin
Was better than the rest?
Came before the rest?
What was first?
"Who are you?"
Takes an interesting turn
If you can't even know
The root of your ramblings
The cause of this cacophonous
Chain of thoughts
That's enough!
I see your point
I don't concede
You disappoint
I'll paint for you a counter
To your deduction, as it mounted
I descried a certain crack
In your renunciation of my parts
Working together for the good of one

Let's hear it then
And then be done
Agreed, my good man
My single, lone man
Let's begin, now, first of all
Your reasoning's based
On the rather blank-faced
Premise that
The disparate parts remain
As such, they refrain
From having coalesced
They are nothing but a coral reef
They are separate on the single root
Floating up and about
As necessary for the root to spout
His theories, and so forth
But what if not?
What if they are one, despite
Your premise of a disparate mind?
They are the same
They're additive
Each part is not apart
But each part gives
A nice new thought from which to start
All the same, assimilate
The different forms of thinking here
And better my odds in this old game

Assuming this, what is your point?
Patience, please
I beg of you
You'll see my way
When this is through
Let's take my premise
As it stands, for brevity's sake
(And I really can
Be brief, if need be)
If you are but one
If the one head's house
In the single skull
In the single brain
Just let me mull
This over
You are but one, you refuse
To let others through
And influence you
And would you agree that
A richer array
Of experience
Of things you've seen
Give more excellence
To your state of thought
Your memories richer
Your knowledge vast
And so your mind is richer for it
You can wax in more poetic ways
You are richer then, for all your days

This is certain
I agree
Then let's continue
We will soon see
If your life is richer
Of experience
And you refuse others to
Enter your dense
Minding shield
You remain yourself
You'll never yield
How can you say that you have lived
The richest life there is to be lived?
Surely the thoughts of others might add
Further to your own head
It suits the mind to be dyad
Or triad even, or further then
You take others in to supplement
Your own existing ken
And with this, good man
You poor, lone man
I justify my argument
And thus my life
So end your strife
My many minds greatly exceed
The little available thought of one

Stop! I beg!
Let us be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment