Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lipstick

You can put lipstick on a pig
It's really easy too, y'know
Dress it up and give it a name
Give it something to hide underneath
Better yet
Hide it under something tame
Call it what it's not
A spade's not a spade
When all the trees come calling out
And kingdoms fall to serpent hordes
Even then when not a cell
Is there to ring the steeple bell
Thunderous and grey the skies will fall
Along with the clouds in scores and scores
Your lipstick pig will tidy up and say:
"I'm no Godiva for you, y'know
You'll not forget yourself and the world
Peeping Tumnus, get out of the cupboard
And look at yourself and look at what you made
My make-up's gone and I'm still me
I'm still a pig for all to see"
And crickets will be your only company
You can put lipstick on a pig
But it's best to call a spade a spade
Despite how easy it can be
It's still a pig for all to see

No comments:

Post a Comment