Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crobat AGAIN.

I'm excited. Or ecstatic. I can't decide which. BOTH. At the same time. Patrick made me a Crobat, though out of what I'm not sure. I share two of my four names with him. Fun facts. Yeah.
It's beautiful. And as everyone should be aware I do love Crobat. Very much so. Let's see if we can get a picture.



There you go. Look at that bad-ass. He's coming, coming to cut you up something fierce.

-

But I'm terribly conflicted at the moment. Alarmingly so. I have to come up with a monologue. Well, less of a monologue, let's just call it a solo performance. Granted I have a couple of months yet to devise the whole thing, but it really is a frightening prospect. I've narrowed my options down to one of the given stimuli, problem is there are two choices within it. They're linked, of course, or it wouldn't be a single stimulus. I have a choice between Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, the actors renowned for being the original Frankenstein's monster and Dracula respectively. They're both amazing options, and I need to decide in the next few days. Broad, general research can only go so far. The idea is that they're competing for the title of 'The King Of Horror' at the wrap up party for Son Of Frankenstein by monopolising the attention of an up-and-coming director. They deride the other's portrayals of monsters.
So, let's go through each and why it would be wonderful and awful.
Bela Lugosi. Cool. Dat accent. He has a beautiful Hungarian accent which is just fun and pretty easy to replicate. In terms of characterisation I'd prefer Lugosi. When playing Dracula he has these terrible and beautiful imposing eyes, the typical hypnosis eyes. Dracula is fun to be. However, Lugosi is a bit of a dick. Granted, that might work in my favour if I need to be a dick for narrative purposes but I just don't like him as a person. Various facts and trivia have driven me away from him.
Now Boris. I genuinely find Frankenstein's monster more frightening than Dracula. By nature he is imposing, he's large and he doesn't say much. He's the uber-zombie. I would find it easier to pick flaws in Bela as Boris.
I had so much more to say but the more I think the harder it'll get.
I'll just do more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment