Friday, May 13, 2011

Fireheart

In dusky notes the evening
Crumbled to a stand still
Neither step nor chink of glass
No sound would break through
Nobody dared or even tried to
The time was stuck, the runes were cast
A final glow within that
Molten bottled amber
We signaled to the rain
And so the sheets came down
The dewy wet marquee
The rains came down again

For how long we sat
In the stand still of the evening
Was impossible to say
But a time went by it seemed
Floated past as if a dream
Broken only by the humming of the earthen clay
And after that time we saw
A man, he stepped onto the floor
From the rain though no drop had tarnished him
He stood and stared at each of us
In turn, we didn't make a fuss
And in that moment, light ceased to dim

He gifted the entire place
With a fire from beneath his face
A life we'd lost in the early hours of the night
The band kicked up a raucous tune
The amber flowed, and oh so soon
The bar transformed to the most joyous sight
That fire heart, I'd heard him called
Had graced us with his spark
And on a whim we danced a drunken dance
Round and round, and up and down
We spun about in strident bounds
He held his hand out and I took that chance

Oh how he burned
Oh how I learned
Oh how the world is filled with woe
I learned to dance
On happenstance
We turned the world into a show

-

No, Jason: I have blogging, coffee, noodles, and Oreos. THIS is the life.

I've just gotten over a very big hill of work anxiety. It feels good. This is the first time in several weeks in which I don't have a pounding tightness in my chest. Oh, there's always stress, but it's not debilitating at the moment. I feel the need to recount minor events that interest me because I have nothing of true consequence to blog about. I was playing piano, Paranoid Android probably, and one of my fingers started bleeding. Not just spontaneously, jeezum crow, that'll be the day. It got... intense. And thus my left middle finger was caught in sanguine, unsanitary mess. The piano, being my primary coping mechanism, would know me so much better than any person if it had any kind of comprehensive consciousness. Thank merciful fuck it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment